Application For Foot care Nurse Certification
- You must be a registered nurse with current registration license in Canada as a RN, NP, RPN or LPN.
- Must be a member of RNAO, RPNAO, and Membership with CNA if you are Registered Nurse, Membership with Member LPNA.
- You must have successfully completed a Basic and Advanced Nursing Foot care nursing program which incorporate the Basic and Advanced Nursing Foot care competencies.
- Copy of your certificate of attendance or Foot care Certificate
- Nursing Foot care Program must have a minimum 35 hours theory and minimum 50 hours practical experience.
- Endorsement or verification letter of your experience as a foot care nurse.
- Proof of practicing Basic and Advanced Nursing foot care practical or clinical practice to a minimum of 50 hours . If working in private practice or working in the community provide documentation of practice.
With your application after submitting the online form, please submit via registered mail a copy of your Endorsement and Verification letter of Experience as a Foot care nurse, proof of membership with associations mentioned where applicable, with payment of fee by certified cheque made out to College of Health Studies to the amount of $350. Please add $20 for shipping and handling of certificate and pin. Payment may be complete by credit card please contact us before hand.
Foot care Nurse applicants must meet all criteria to apply for Certified Foot care Nurse certification CFCN.
Upon approval of your application you will be given the opportunity to take the Timed Advanced Nursing Foot care Certification Online Exam. Exam duration is 40 minutes with a passing mark is 70%.
If unsuccessful with the Online Nursing Foot care exam you will have the opportunity to retake the exam at a later date at a cost of $150.
If successful with the exam the nurse will be awarded the Advanced Nursing Foot care Certificate with pin and the opportunity to use the protected title of (CFCN ) Certified Foot care nurse .
Certification duration is 2 years
Recertification can be maintained by providing proof of continued education credit to the amount of 8 hours. Proof of practicing foot care nurse in any community setting. Continue Education include: Attendance of continued learning regarding nursing Foot care education, attending workshop, mentorship of foot care nurse, learning current best practice related to any foot care related issues. Payment fee for recertification is $200,
For nurses who do not meet the current Basic and Advanced Nursing foot care practice guideline; For a fee, they will have the opportunity to upgrade skills by taken the Advanced Nursing Foot care course in class, Online or by partnering with a Foot care nurse Mentor in their community practicing skills that will bring them up to current nursing Foot care standards of practice. Upgrade can be done on a case-by-case basis.